Friday, July 13, 2007

Spanish Language Schools... Now that's a Good Idea

Traveling is definitely a passion of mine, but there was a time that there was fear behind the passion – especially when traveling to countries that don't speak English – such as Spain. Silly me --- there are a number of Spanish language schools online and off. I believe that Spanish is still the most spoken language in the world – but, I could be wrong about that fact. Even so, there are many great countries – which I still need to visit – where Spanish is spoken. From my experiences in non-English speaking countries – fear of communication is no reason to not visit those countries.

But, if you happen to know that you will be visiting a country where Spanish is the language spoken and you give yourself enough time – take advantage of the opportunity to take some Spanish courses before you embark on your adventure. Planning for these types of things in advance has never been a strong suite of mine, but taking courses would be very beneficial.

Then if you happen to know that you will be able to stay at your destination for a good bit of time – what could be better than to actually learn Spanish in Spain. I spent a semester of college in Rome, Italy. I did take a course on Italian before I left for Rome – but, what really enabled me to learn to speak Italian was actually leaning by living there. I was forced to speak the language to survive. So, if you are fortunate enough to travel to Spain – take a look at the Spanish courses offered at Babylon Idiomas – one of the Spanish language schools online.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not prepare a little before you take that trip to learn Spanish? You'll get more out of your experience if you spend a little time learning the basics, and you can do that for free online:

http://www.studyspanish.com/

Joseph Stevens said...

Hey a great spanish language school website (with free online lessons) is http://www.123teachme.com .

Anonymous said...

Hi, I´d like to introduce you to my new blog. Pop up as often as you feel like.
Spanish courses in spanish universities

Jonathan said...

You might want to try visiting Spanish NewsBites online at:

http://www.spanishnewsbites.com

To brush up on your language, whilst seeing what's happening Spain right now...