Sunday, April 13, 2008
So for a beach that does not have a boardwalk, with really great sand, check out Singer Island. From the sales meeting we listened to, it seems that the island is going to be under a serious development phase in the next couple of years. So if your looking to get into a beach time share at the preconstruction phase, give our sales person Brian Simon a call at 561-882-3050. You can also check out Marriot's Ocean Palms website for more information on purchasing a vacation on Marriott's Singer Island resorts.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Tuesday we arrived as I wrote about in the previous Singer Island Trip post, so that is were I will begin.
Were we ate on the Tuesday of our Singer Island Trip.
- We ate bagels from WaWa on the way to my bros who drove us the PHL.
- PHL airport Lizzie got us a Stromboli to share on the plane.
- We were shopping at a Palm Beach mall and ate at The California Pizza Kitchen...good cheese cake, and friendly waitress recommended some stuff to do while in Palm Beach.
- Our Marriott's Ocean Pointe Concierge directed us to the Southern Kitchen Homestyle Cooking Restaurant off of Federal Highway in Lake Park, FL for the best breakfast in the area....good breakfast...huge biscuits. They also had 3 Geeks Web Design mugs for coffee...that is a pretty cool marketing idea. Mugs at restaurants...hmmm.
- Having a late start, we skipped lunch and had an early dinner at The Brass Ring Pub, which was also off of the Federal Highway, for several of their delicious 1/2 lb hamburgers and unusually good but different tasting chicken wings. A warning for anyone who would like to follow in our footsteps, this is a bar that the locals hang out in, so don't over dress.
- We then did a bit of driving, and went to the Hilton on Singer Island to check it out. We were considering eating at the Hilton the following night, but chose otherwise. We did however have a nice little drink at Coconuts on The Beach, which is the Hiltons restaurant/bar.
- After the Hilton, we ended up driving our convertible Spyder around Palm Beach looking for dessert. We ended up at the West Palm Beach Cheesecake Factory for two pieces of their great desserts. Lizzie had a piece of peanut butter cookie dough cheese cake and I had a piece of Chris' outrageous Chocolate Cake.
- Today we used Google and went to TooJay's in Palm Beach for breakfast. Great bagels, and desserts. We also got a piece of their famous Killer Cake to go.
- For Dinner our concierge made reservations at Charley's Crab in Palm Beach. Great Seafood can be had at Charley's Crab, which is part of the Muer Seafood Restaurants. See the video on Thegrubhound review.
- For breakfast, we thought we would check out Johnny Longboats Tropical Grill, a local place we noticed on our travels. Johnny Longboats Tropical Grill has a great atmosphere, and I wish we had more time, as I would have enjoyed sipping a margarita on their deck.
- For lunch we ate ate the pool pub again for lunch. The previous day, I noticed they had both hot dogs and sides of coleslaw on the menu, so I ordered up a Slaw dog for lunch. They will be added to my slaw dog list since it was a great big 1/4lb hot dog, but I would order the slaw on the side next time and put it on myself instead as it was a little too juicy for the roll.
- For dinner, foolishly, we went to Carrabbas in West Palm Beach. Lizzie's pasta tasted like Tuna Helper, and our waitress was really terrible. I believe Lizzie only tipped her 15% instead of 20%. There were several good things about our meal at the Carrabbas, to include the bread at the beginning of the meal(love the spices and dipping oil), my salad, and the delicious bruschetta appetizer. We may have to try another Carrabbas to give a fair review.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
We got to Singer Island yesterday around 4pm. Our USAir flight went very smoothly. Lizzie was amazed that check in went so quickly. I was amazed that PHL didn't loose my bag again. Our flight landed in PBI(Palm Beach International Airport) right on schedule.
After getting our bags, we went to budget rent a car to pick up our reserved economy car. At the Budget counter we were offered an upgrade special. So we ended up driving a Spyder convertible for only $15 a day extra, which really thrilled Lizzie...she has always wanted to drive a convertible. So we head out to our car, which was suppose to be a white Spyder, but turnedout to be orange when we picked it up. It took us about 10 minutes to get situated, and find out how to take the top down. I made a video while taking the top down if you care to watch it and learn how to take the top down on a Spyder.
Following my GPS, we easily got to Singer Island and Marriott's Ocean Pointe at Palm Beach Shores within 20 minutes, and within 10 minutes we were in our Marriot Ocean Pointe room.