I will be reviewing our fine dining experiences we had at Bar Harbor Inn, which included two dinners and two breakfasts, in another post on Thegrubhound.com.
Lizzie purchased a package which included two nights, two dinners, two breakfasts, and the cruise on the Margaret Todd, which is the four mast schooner that resides at Bar Harbor.
Bar Harbor is a great Maine tourist town which you should visit at least once. Bar Harbor is located on Mt. Desert Island and is surrounded by Acadia National Park. No trip to Bar Harbor is not complete with out visiting Cadillac Mt and Thunder Hole.
Things we Liked about Bar Harbor Inn
- Great food. The crab cakes at Bar Harbor Inn got rave reviews from Lizzie and were named the best Crab Cakes for 2007. I myself will recommend any of their lobster dishes.
- Cozy robes to sit on the patio while sipping wine.
- Heated pool(didn't use, but its a great feature)
- Spa(again didn't use, but if we stayed longer we surely would have loved a couples massage)
- Beautiful view of Bar Harbor.
- Large modern bathrooms.
- Extremely helpful staff.
Things to Work On
- Wifi was not free. tsk tsk.
- TV was not a flat screen and very small...sorry we are so spoiled.
- Other than those two, I can not say anything else that we didn't find acceptable.