Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Preparing for Park City Ski Trip

In preparation for our ski trip to Park City at the end of the month, I decided it would be wise to do a little bit of exercising. Even before I decided to start exercising I came across this video, and thought it would make a good post for the pre-Park City ski trip.

A friend of mine, suggested that I do wall squats, or at least that's what I think they are called. It involves putting your back against a wall and then squatting down so that your legs form a chair, then lift one leg off the ground and hold it for 15 to 30 seconds. Then do the same with the other.

In addition to the wall squats, I'll have to start doing some of the exercises on this video and on the SkiExerciseWorkouts.com website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those exercises should get your lges in shape. I typically do the wall sits like your friend suggested, although can't guarantee that your legs won't still hurt. But the freedom you feel when you are skiing down a run with the sun on your face makes it all worth it! See you in Park City next month.